Germany Student visa consultant Mumbai, Ahmedabad Study in Germany

Why Study In Germany

Several International Students are expressing a keen interest to study in Germany for they know the value of the exposure and experience of being a part of highly qualified academic community. Apart from this, 2,50,000 students avail the benefits of international study programs, excellent research opportunities and low tuition fee annually. More than 800 International Bachelor, Master and Doctoral programs are offered in combination of theoretical and practical/industrial experience. Compared to other study destinations, Germany is less expensive. Not to mention the numerous scholarships are available. Students are allowed to work 90 full days or else 180 half days during the course of study on a German Student Visa. Foreign students are allowed to stay for a year after the completion of the study program, in the event of looking for a job. Your work permit could be further extended by that employer. Country's strong economic position has also led to the use of German as the preferred language of commerce in a number of Eastern European countries. Although English is the medium of instruction for many programs; learning German language will open the doors to various cultural centers of Europe: Berlin, Vienna, Geneva, Zurich, Frankfurt and Munich.

Post Study Options

Earning money alongwith studying is a way of life for students in Germany. For many international students it’s like studying in Germany and after that?

Work while studying:

Students from EU and EEA have free access to German job market but for those who are from non-EU states are restricted to work for not more than 90 full or 180 half days in a year while studying. Inorder to be eligible, you need to authorize from the employment agency.

Residence Permit (looking for job):

Once you have completed your course, you can apply for 18 months residential permit to look out for job that relates to your qualifications. During these 18 months, you can take any type of job inorder to fund yourself. Inorder to apply for you need:

  1. Your passport.
  2. Your university degree.
  3. Document proving that you possess health insurance.
  4. Proof that you have the resource to support yourself.

If in any case, you are not able to provide the proof then a letter of Guarantee might be the best alternative. In such situation, the person must be solvent and creditworthy so that he can guarantee on your behalf to cover the living costs during your stay in the country.

In case, if you have already returned to your home country after completing the course, then you are entitled to a six months visa which will allow you to search for a job while staying in Germany. But do remember, with this visa you are not allowed to work. And if during the period, you end with a good job offer then you can immediately apply for the permit while remaining in the country itself. In order to apply for the visa you can approach the German mission abroad in your area and they will help you out to know about the conditions which you need to fulfil.

Residence Permit (take up employment):

Once you have a job offer which relates to your qualification then it’s upto you to decide whether to apply for a German residence permit or an EU Blue Card. If you intend to live and work in another EU state, then EU Blue Card will be apt.

If you have a part time job then you can go for residence permit given that the expected salary is enough to support all your means. But the decision is solely on the local immigration authority. Before applying collect information about the required documents by asking the foreign resident’s registration office.

With German residence permit or EU Blue Card, you are only allowed to work for specific period of time and if required you can also extend the duration but after two years of receiving the German residence permit or EU Blue Card, you can apply for permanent residence permit.

If you are a German residence permit holder or EU Blue Card holder and wishing to stay abroad for lengthy period, then consult your local foreign nationals’ registration office before leaving the country.

Read more: