There are several benefits to pursuing a Master’s degree in the UK:
- Due to the quality education provided by the UK, the country has retained its position as a top study destination with highly qualified teachers along with best-in-class infrastructure and excellent research facilities.
- Home to some of the worlds the most reputed educational institutions; the country offers a wide array of courses across multiple fields. From traditional STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) courses to more specialized areas of study, the choices are abundant.
- Affordability is another reason why most of the Indians prefer the UK to other countries. They provide a comparatively shorter duration of the Master’s programs (1 year), which helps reduce both tuition fees and the cost of living.
- Additionally, the one-year post-graduate program gives a chance to its students an early entry into the job market. The UK’s universities provide internationally acclaimed programs designed to nurture industry-ready professionals. When it comes to working opportunities, the chances of Indians grabbing a high-paying job expected to increase significantly in the post-Brexit era.
- Moreover,to fill the vacuum caused by the declining number of applicants from EU member states, the UK’s top universities expected to welcome students from India and China with open arms.
More Indians are likely to flock to the UK in the wake of Brexit for their quest of higher education and the numbers reflect this shift.
According to the reports, in 2017-18 more than 19,000 Indian students made their way to the UK, marking a significant year-on-year increase. 95% of students, (tier 4) applications are made successfully and 97% of all visa applications are processed within 15 working days. The number of post-graduate students, specifically, is on the rise and with a degree from the British universities, opens many doors for students. In addition to the extended post-study work period, the proposal to remove the cap on the number of skilled foreign workers will also act as a defining factor for Indians planning their overseas education.
Since the upcoming scenarios, it is no secret that this is the most appropriate time for international students to register themselves into post-graduate programs within the UK. With most universities still giving out confirmation emails, this year will certainly see a surge in the number of Indians going to the United Kingdom for educational purposes.