Pearson has announced that five colleges in Canada will be using its PTE (Pearson Test of English) Academic test. The test is recognized by 90% of the country’s post-secondary institutions.
The computer-based test is going to be recognized at the following colleges:
- Holland College, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
- Oulton College in Moncton, New Brunswick
- Coast Mountain College, Terrace, British Columbia
- Focus College in Kelowna, British Columbia
- Northern Lights College, Dawson Creek, British Columbia
Marlene Olsavsky – Managing Director of Pearson Canada states, “We believe PTE Academic offers a huge advantage to test-takers. Our use of leading AI technology means colleges can trust that students’ English proficiency levels are scored accurately and with no bias. We also know students like the flexibility of booking and fast results we offer – making PTE Academic the increasingly popular English language test worldwide.”
The test is recognized by more than 2,000 institutions worldwide, and Pearson prides itself on convenience for takers and the speed at which results are returned – 85% of results were returned within a two-day period in 2018.