As per the annual reports from German Academics Exchange Service (DAAD), the number of international students in Germany has grown to 3,74,580 enrollments of foreign students in German universities in 2018 that shows 4.4% growth compared to 358,900, previous year’s enrollments in 2017. Two most popular fields of study are engineering at 38% and law, economics, and social sciences at 25.7%.
Germany is one of the most popular destinations for higher international education along with the US, the UK, Australia, Canada, and China. Along with Germany, multiple countries have achieved an impressive growth rate in the enrollment of international students.
The list is as follows:
- US: 1,094,790, foreign students enrolled in US higher education institutions in 2018, 1.5% more than in 2017.
- Canada:3% growth in 2019, reaching 572,415 international students in higher education institutions.
- Australia: 350,470, foreign students in 2017 and 12.8% growth rate were noticed in early-2018 as compared to early 2017.
- UK: 458,490 international students enrolled in universities in 2018, representing growth of 4% over the previous year.
- China: 492,186, international students enrolled in 2018 though not all of them were registered in universities, and up 1% over 2017.