With the aim to streamline the study permit process, IRCC has come up with Student Direct Stream (SDS) program, which enables the students from India, China, Vietnam, and the Philippines to make faster processing. To qualify for SDS, the students need to demonstrate additional requirements, in particular, language abilities and financial funds.
How to Qualify for SDS:
• Accepted at Canadian Learning Institute designated i.e. post-secondary Designated Learning Institution (DLI)
• At least 6 bands for IELTS or Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens score of 7 for French (TEF) or Graduation from a Canadian curriculum high school.
• Proof of tuition fees paid for the first year of study
• Purchase Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000
• Hold medical examination certificate before submitting your application
With the students applying for SDS, they have an added advantage when they would apply for Express Entry System for securing Permanent Residency Status in Canada.